Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Feliz Navidad!

I hope you all are having a Merry Christmas Eve Eve.. however tomorrow is Christmas here at Emmanuel.

The past two nights the volunteers here and some staff went Christmas Caroling to the boys and girls houses and gave them cookies. I really enjoyed it even though some of the kids kept trying to get more than one from us, resulting in some of the girls getting graham crackers instead. I still can't completely convince myself that Christmas is tomorrow... especially since I've been in a t-shirt, capris, & my rainbows since I got here. I do miss Boone weather believe it or not! I would love to have some snow. I guess I can't complain about the weather here though, its so beautiful.

The kids have been working on a Christmas play and I've been able to go to their practices the past couple of days. They were actually having a good day yesterday and practice went pretty well. They got their costumes on today and had a practice in the morning and afternoon. The one in the morning went okay from what I heard but in the afternoon it was not so great. One of the girls wouldn't quit laughing so practice ended 2 hours earlier than usual. Hopefully it will come together in the end though.

I love all of you and pray that your time with family and friends this Christmas will be truly blessed. I definitely miss not being at home with my family, Jake, & all of you in Mtn. View and in Boone... but I know God is pouring out His love and blessings on everyone here at Emmanuel and there is no place else I would rather be than here. Please keep myself, the other volunteers, the children, and the staff in your prayers. I really appreciate the prayers I know many of you are lifting up for us every day. I feel them & I have found so much peace and rest in God since I've been here.


Have a Merry Merry Christmas!!
dani

2 comments:

lmartinasu said...

Merry Christmas, Dani! We love you and send our love and many hugs. We wanted to wish you a wonderful holiday season and a new year full of adventure and promise.
No matter who you are, no matter where you're going in your life, at some point you're gonna need somebody to stand by you...

This song is for you....

http://playingforch ange.com/

just select enter ...

Have a good feeling in your heart and a peaceful holiday season!
All our love, Mom and Dad

Heather Parks said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS SIS!!! Love and miss you. I am glad that you are having a great time and getting some rest. XOXOXOX