Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Few Days Before...

I really appreciate all of you who have told me you have been and will be praying for me for this trip! It is a huge encouragement, especially from all of you at Mount Vernon (I couldn't have asked for a better Church family in Boone!) and the Boone area in general.

I'm so excited to be spending my Christmas at Orphanage Emmanuel. A lot of you have asked how my parents/family feel about me being gone. I know they'll miss me, and I them, but there is a greater purpose in Christmas than to spend it around a big pile of presents and an over abundance of food. That is not to say that my Christmas at the orphanage will be any less enjoyable by any means. Loving on the kids there will mean so much more to me than a new pair of shoes that I don't really need.

Thank you to all who have supported me both with prayers and financially. I can't wait to see the work God is going to do in my life while I am there, and I will do my best to keep you all updated as it all unfolds!

Dios te Bendiga

dani

No comments: